The IUCN SSC Shark Specialist Group is one of the partner organizations of Shark References. This interactive online database was established in 2009 by Juergen Pollerspöck and Nicolas Straube and contains a scientific bibliography on recent and fossil sharks, rays, and chimaeras.
Members can support Shark References by:
- Sending missing references
- Sending publications that are have yet to be incorporated (indicated by the missing info symbol)
- Submitting pictures of sharks, rays, and chimaeras (all photos will be credited)
- Contacting the team if you notice mistakes, encounter incomplete links, or experience access problems
- Sending them an email if you have information for the monthly newsletter
We also encourage you to subscribe to their monthly newsletter or visit their Facebook page for updates.